Immediate diesel mechanic opening for freight forwarding company. We are looking for someone who is hard working, and self motivated. Job will entail inspections, scheduled services and unscheduled maintenance on our fleet of tractors and trailers as well as various sized box trucks. Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job. Must be able to work nights. Must have the following qualifications:
Starting pay is $19.50 an hour/plus travel pay
Start time-hours may vary
-Working knowledge of heavy equipment, diesel engines, trucks, trailers, hydraulics, transmissions, undercarriage, pneumatic, electrical and fuel systems.
- Welding a plus
- OEM training courses, ASE Certification, and 608/609 certifications preferred but not required.
- A valid drivers license is required
- Current CDL license with air brake certification preferred.
- Ability to work in the field with little to no supervision is a must.
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
- Willingness to travel as necessary within the close geographical area, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.50 /hour